Terms and Conditions
In these Terms and Conditions: “Electric Car Experts” refers to “Electric Car Experts Ltd”; the “Electric Car Experts Website” and “the Website” refers to the website of Electric Car Experts Ltd (URL: https://www.electriccarexperts.com).
While every effort has been taken to ensure that all the information provided by the Website is correct, Electric Car Experts does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of information contained within the Website, nor for the consequences of any actions taken or not taken as a result of this information. Electric Car Experts shall have neither liability nor responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any loss or damage caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by the information contained here.
In addition, Electric Car Experts does not accept any responsibility for any loss, damage or disruption to any computer system that may occur whilst using the Website or accessing linked websites included in the Website. Electric Car Experts does not guarantee uninterrupted availability of the Website and cannot provide any representation that using the Website will be error free.
The information is provided on the understanding that the Website is not engaged in rendering advice and should not be wholly relied upon when making any related decision. The information contained within the Website is provided on an ‘as is’ basis with no warranties expressed or otherwise implied relating to the accuracy, compatibility, fitness for purpose or security of any components of the Website.
The Website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by other third parties. Electric Car Experts does not control such websites and Electric Car Experts takes no responsibility for, and will not incur any liability in respect of, their content. Mention of third party products, services, companies and websites provided by the Website is for informational purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation. Electric Car Experts assumes no responsibility with regards to the selection, performance or use of these products or services.
The Website includes material submitted by other third parties. Electric Car Experts excludes all liability for any illegality arising from or error, omission or inaccuracy in such material.
The Website contains integrated links to third parties for lead gene ration activities. Electric Car Experts does not control these services and Electric Car Experts takes no responsibility for, and will not incur any liability in respect of their product or service.
The Website publishes advertisements placed by third parties to advertise their vehicles and other goods and/or services. Electric Car Experts does not own the vehicles or goods advertised for sale on the Website and has no liability for these vehicles or goods or for any losses that you may incur as a result of purchasing a vehicle, goods and/or any services advertised by third parties. If you choose to purchase a vehicle, goods and/or services advertised for sale by third parties on the Website, the contract will be between you and the third party advertiser and not with Electric Car Experts.
All rights reserved. Other than for the personal use, no part of this publication may be reproduced, transmitted or utilised in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without written permission from Electric Car Experts.
All intellectual property of Electric Car Experts such as trademarks, trade names, patents, registered designs and any other automatic intellectual property rights derived from the aesthetics or functionality of the Website remain the property of Electric Car Experts.
By using the Website, you agree to respect the intellectual property rights of Electric Car Experts and will refrain from copying, downloading, transmitting, reproducing, printing, or exploiting for commercial purpose any material contained within the Website.
Limitation of liability
Electric Car Experts will under no circumstance be liable for indirect, special, or consequential damages including any loss of data, revenue, profits or business in relation to use of the Website.
Electric Car Experts reserves the right to change any part of the Terms and Conditions without notice and use of the Website will be deemed as acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. Electric Car Experts advises users to check the Terms and Conditions at regular intervals. Electric Car Experts has complete discretion to modify or remove any part of the Website without warning or liability arising from such action.
If any provision of the Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck out and the remaining provisions shall remain in force.
Governing law and jurisdiction
The Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of England and any user of the Website hereby agrees to be bound exclusively by the jurisdiction of English courts without reference to rules governing choice of laws.
Acceptance of terms
You agree that you shall not use the Website for illegal purposes and will respect all applicable laws and regulations. You agree not to use the Website in a way that may impair the performance, corrupt the content or otherwise reduce the overall functionality of the Website. You also agree not to compromise the security of the Website or attempt to gain access to secured areas or sensitive information.
You agree to be fully responsible for any claim, expense, liability, losses, costs including legal fees incurred by Electric Car Experts arising from any infringement of the Terms and Conditions set out herein.
Information Electric Car Experts collects
The information Electric Car Experts collects via the Electric Car Experts Website includes:
- Your personal details you knowingly provide us with through Contact Us page, Newsletter sign-up, Survey Panel sign-up, Owners Club sign-up, comments and email communication including name, address, post/zip code, telephone number, email etc.
- Your IP Address. This is the string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by the Electric Car Experts web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Website.
- Data collected via Electric Car Experts online surveys. These surveys are completed voluntarily and include information about your understanding of transport and environment issues and vehicle consumer preferences.
- Data collected via Electric Car Experts lead generation activities (Leasing quotes and Brochure/Test Drive requests) on behalf of third parties. The data collected includes name, address, post code, email address and any programme specific information on the form.
What Electric Car Experts does with your information
Any personal information Electric Car Experts collects from the Electric Car Experts Website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details Electric Car Experts collects will be used:
- To process your request for detailed information from Electric Car Experts about transport and environmental issues.
- To provide you with services that you have signed-up for (Newsletter, Reviews, Forums, Electric Car Experts offers, Third Party offers).
- Data collected via Electric Car Experts’ lead generation activities (Leasing and Brochure/Test Drive requests) on behalf of third parties will be passed directly to the third party . Data records will be kept by Electric Car Experts for a maximum of 45 days. No personally identifiable data will be stored thereafter.
- Electric Car Experts will not pass your details to any other organisation to supply/deliver products or services to you without your prior consent. Electric Car Experts very occasionally uses third parties to carry out administrative purposes on behalf of Electric Car Experts. However, in all cases, third parties are not permitted to use your personal information for their own purposes.
You have the right to request a copy of any information that Electric Car Experts currently holds about you. In order to receive such information please either email: [email protected] or write to: Electric Car Experts Ltd, 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ. Mark your email or letter Privacy Information Request.